Please read the requirements below before applying to be approved as a visiting sevite.
In addition to the skills and experience required for each seva position, visiting sevites in Gurudev Siddha Peeth must fulfil the following qualifications:
- 18 years of age or older
- Fluency in English and/or Hindi—the ability to understand and give seva instructions (written and verbal) and to share your sadhana experience in study groups, both small and large
- physical ability to offer full-time seva—6 hours a day
Visiting sevites must also have prior sadhana experience, including:
- a Siddha Yoga practice of at least 1 year's duration
- participation in at least 1 Siddha Yoga Shaktipat Intensive
- participation in seva (in the past or currently) at a Siddha Yoga ashram, meditation centre, chanting and meditation center or by offering home seva
- an ability to demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to the Siddha Yoga practices, particularly the practice of seva
- an ability to demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to Siddha Yoga philosophy and culture
- a strong interest in contributing to the work of the SYDA Foundation Gurudev Siddha Peeth and Siddha Yoga Sangham of India
- a stance of studentship and a commitment to ongoing self-improvement, learning, and personal growth
For Resident Indians Only- Log in or register to send your application on line
. If you have not yet registered, you will be prompted to do so.