- Registration is required to participate in these meditation sessions.
- When registering for an individual meditation session, you gain access to participate in the given session for one year, starting from the day of registration.
- When you register for the full series of meditation sessions, you gain access to all available meditation sessions of the 2017 series, Meditation Sessions via Live Audio Stream 2017. Access to the full series expires one year after registration.
- The meditation sessions are being held via live audio stream in English and become available as webcasts in English a few hours after the live-stream ends the same day.
- A few weeks after the live audio stream, the webcast will be available in Hindi.
- Please use up-to-date versions of the browsers Firefox or Google Chrome to participate in the live streams and the webcasts.
- It is not recommended to use the Safari browser since in some cases the audio gets muted during the live streams.
- Please read the commonly asked questions below for more detailed information about this series.
Preparing for Participation in a Meditation Session
How do I prepare for a meditation sessions?
Prepare for a meditation session of this series by engaging with Gurumayi's Message for 2017 which is on the Siddha Yoga path website.
How do I prepare for online participation?
- In order to participate in an online event you need to register
- Make sure you have the latest versions of both of the two recommended browsers installed on your device:
- Firefox https://www.mozilla.org/firefox/new/
- Google Chrome https://www.google.com/chrome/
- For most mobile devices, the apps of these browsers are readily available.
- Play Store for Android devices
- App Store for Apple devices
- Click on a Commune with Nature video to test if you can successfully launch a webcast with sound.
- If you cannot successfully launch a Commune with Nature video with sound, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org at least two days in advance of the live stream for further support.
- On the day of the live stream, please log into this event fifteen minutes before the live stream begins. If everything is working properly, you will hear music playing. If you are not able to hear music:
How do I prepare the space in which I will be participating?
- If you are participating in a meditation session from home, choose and set up a quiet space free from distraction, and where you will be most comfortable meditating and singing fully.
- Set up your computer or computer speakers to allow you to hear the audio stream at a good volume.
- The following are items to have with you for a meditation session:
- A pillow or cushion to support your sitting posture
- A glass or bottle of water
- Journal and pen
- You may wish to sit on a meditation asana, available for purchase through the Siddha Yoga Bookstore.
How do I prepare my body?
Practice hatha yoga, or other exercises that support physical strength and flexibility in the days leading up to a meditation session, so that you’re able to sit comfortably for an extended period of time.
How many meditation sessions will there be?
What is the length of each meditation session?
For how long will each meditation session be available?
For each webcast, registration will be available until at least Saturday, December 31, 2017.
- Once registered for a session, you will be able to participate in that session as often as you wish for one year after registration.
- For example, if you register for Session I, on March 28, 2017 at 7:00 p.m. then, the audio webcast for Session I will be available for you to participate in until 7:00 p.m., March 28, 2018.
In what languages will the meditation sessions be available?
The meditation sessions will be available in English, French, Hindi, and Spanish.
- The live audio stream will be in English.
- The audio webcast in English will become available on the day of the live stream.
- The translated webcasts in French, Hindi, and Spanish will be made available on the Siddha Yoga path India website in English and Hindi a few weeks after each meditation session concludes.
What is the registration fee and for how long do I have access to the meditation sessions?
There are two ways to register for Siddha Yoga Meditation: Meditation Sessions via Live Audio Stream 2017.
- You can register to participate on line for the full series. Registering for the full series gives you unlimited access to all available meditation sessions for one year following registration.
- You can register to participate online for each session individually. The purchase of a session grants you access to that session for one year after registration.
- Registration for online participate can be on line or Offline registration
Where can I participate?
- Participate online via live audio stream or audio webcast or at a participating Siddha Yoga meditation centre or chanting and meditation centre.
Does online registration allow participation at a location?
- Yes if the participant provides proof (e.g. a copy of their confirmation e-mail) of their online registration for the respective session.
How do I register to participate at a location?
Live Audio Stream and Audio Webcast Information
At what time will the live audio stream of the meditation session begin?
At what time will the audio webcast for a meditation session become available?
Can I invite friends to participate in the live audio stream or audio webcast in my home?
- You may invite as many people as you like to participate with you, as long as they have all registered.
- If participants register at home, it is your responsibility as the host to ensure that everyone has paid the registration fee.
Can I participate in the live audio stream or audio webcast on a different computer from the one I registered on?
- Yes, you may participate on any computer or electronic device with access to the Internet, such as a smartphone or tablet.
- To launch the meditation session click on the LAUNCH link in the mini site of the Siddha Yoga path India website homepage (www.siddhayoga.org.in) and sign in with the same username and password that you have been provided with.
Live Audio Stream and Audio Webcast Technical Details
Is there a recommended browser for the live audio stream and audio webcast?
- The recommended internet browsers are Firefox and Google Chrome.
- Please make sure you have the latest versions of both these browsers installed on your device so that you can test which browser works best for your streaming.
- If you use another Internet browser ensure that you have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player installed.
- Please avoid using Safari, as in some cases the sound for the live audio stream is muted.
Is there a recommended Internet speed for participating in the live audio stream?
- The minimum recommended Internet speed is 2 Mbps.
How do I change the visual quality of the streaming?
To change the visual quality of the stream:
- Click on HD or the lines next to the speaker symbol in the lower right of the player respectively (see images below). A box labelled ‘Select Quality’ will appear.
- Choose a higher resolution if the still images are flickering, and choose a lower quality if the stream does not load properly.
- The quality selection only influences the visual quality; the audio quality is the same for all settings.
- See the image below for an illustration of the audio webcast player:
Audio webcast player
Live stream player:
Can I pause and rewind the live audio stream and audio webcast?
You will not be able to pause or rewind the live audio stream. You will, however, be able to pause, rewind and replay the audio webcast, once it becomes available after the live stream concludes.
- If you are having technical difficulties, please contact email@example.com