Logistical Information about
Commentaries on the
The Heart of Recognition
Exploring Gurumayi’s Message for 2016 through Scriptural Study
About Commentaries on the Pratyabhijna-hrdayam, the Heart of Recognition
Are there any prerequisites or preparation exercises for Commentaries on the Pratyabhijna-hrdayam?
- What is the Pratyabhijna-hrdayam?
The Pratyabhijna-hrdayam was written by the sage Kshemaraja in the 11th century and consists of twenty succinct sūtras or aphorisms. It is one of the main texts within the philosophy of Kashmir Shaivism.
This study tool, Commentaries on the Pratyabhijna-hrdayam, the Heart of Recognition, consists of the sūtras with translation and commentaries on these sūtras written by Siddha Yoga meditation teachers and scholars. These commentaries are rich with explanations and teachings that elucidate the scriptural knowledge of the Pratyabhijna-hrdayam, how this knowledge reveals facets of Gurumayi’s Message for 2016, and ways students can put Gurumayi’s Message into practice.
Commentaries on the Pratyabhijna-hrdayam will be published over the course of the year 2016, with new commentaries on the sūtras available every month.
- What content is included in Commentaries on the Pratyabhijna-hrdayam?
This study tool includes the following content:
- An introduction, written by Siddha Yoga meditation teacher Swami Shantananda, which you can access without registering for Commentaries on the Pratyabhijna-hrdayam.
- Sūtras from the Pratyabhijna-hrdayam, including the sūtra in devanagari (the script used for writing in Sanskrit), transliteration, translation from Sanskrit to English, and commentary for each published sūtra.
- Monthly commentaries on the sūtras written by Siddha Yoga meditation teachers and scholars.
- A written pronunciation guide for Sanskrit names and terms.
- Unlimited access to this study tool for three years after registration for Commentaries on the Pratyabhijna-hrdayam.
There are no prerequisites or preparation exercises for Commentaries on the Pratyabhijna-hrdayam. However, it is strongly recommended that you have participated in A Sweet Surprise 2016.
How may I best engage with this study tool?
Are there any ways to further my study of the Pratyabhijna-hrdayam?
- Set aside a specific time to read and study the content.
- You may want to meet regularly with others who have also registered for Commentaries on the Pratyabhijna-hrdayam, so you can study together. In this way, you can share your new insights and understandings.
- Articulate what you have learned by writing in your journal.
- Submit shares about what you have learned to the Siddha Yoga path website by clicking on “Click here to share your experience” below the relevant commentary.
- Read the introduction, written by Swami Shantananda
Read and study The Splendor of Recognition by Swami Shantananda.
- What is the fee for accessing Commentaries on the Pratyabhijna-hrdayam?
The registration fee for Commentaries on the Pratyabhijna-hrdayam if you register online is Rs. 850 for adults and Rs. 600 for young adults, age 24 and younger. If you register off line, the registration fees are tier–based. Please contact the Area Operations Coordinator for your location for details.
The registration fee gives access to the sūtras with the commentaries as they become available.
- How long will this study tool be accessible on the Siddha Yoga path India website?
Registration gives unlimited access to the content of Commentaries on the Pratyabhijna-hrdayam for three years from the date of registration.
- In what languages is Commentaries on the Pratyabhijna-hrdayam available?
- Each sūtra, with translation and commentary, will initially be available on the Siddha Yoga path website in English.
- Translations of each sūtra and commentary into Hindi will become available approximately two weeks after publication of the commentary in English.
- May I download the material?
The material is for viewing on the Siddha Yoga path website only. It is not available for download.
- May I invite friends to participate in Commentaries on the Pratyabhijna-hrdayam with me?
You may invite friends to study the content of Commentaries on the Pratyabhijna-hrdayam . Please ensure that they, too, have registered.
- To study together in a Siddha Yoga Sadhana Circle, send an e-mail to the Area Operations Coordinator for your location for the Sadhana Circle Guidelines. These guidelines will support you in maximizing the effectiveness of studying with others.
- Will Commentaries on the Pratyabhijna-hrdayam be available at Siddha Yoga Ashrams and meditation centers?
The content of Commentaries on the Pratyabhijna-hrdayam will not be available in Siddha Yoga venues; they are a tool for personal study.
- May I engage with Commentaries on the Pratyabhijna-hrdayam on mobile devices?
Yes. Any device with which you can comfortably navigate the Siddha Yoga path website is suitable for participating in the study tool Commentaries on the Pratyabhijna-hrdayam.
- How do I receive technical support?
If you are having technical difficulties, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org